Hello Loves! You know that question we’ve all heard at one point or another in our lives, “If you were headed to a deserted island and could only take 3 things, what would they be?” The responses run the gamut but my three, no question, would be lip balm, lip balm and more lip balm.
If I leave the house and realize I’ve somehow left without it, I kind of freak out a little inside. To make sure that I prevent these minor freak out sessions, I try my hardest to keep one in every purse, in my car, in the diaper bag, in my computer bag, bedside table, bathrooms...you get the idea. If I could find a way to affix one to my person permanently I probably would...but that’s a little weird.
Now that I’ve made my love affair with lip balm pretty clear, I wanted to share my favorite lip products with you! And, no, it isn’t JUST clear boring lip balm, but I have included some of those too!
Let's get going...
1. Honest Magic Balm - This stuff is truly magic. I have been known to use this not just on my lips but on my face and hands too when my skin gets a little on the dry side. I have even used it on Wyatt when his skin needed some love. A huge perk about the Honest brand is the ingredient quality so I feel completely comfortable sharing with my little man.
2. Badger Lip Balm in Cool Mint - I have used this stuff for years! It is nourishing, absorbent and lasts forever! I have a feeling all of the flavors would be just as good but Cool Mint is the only one I have ever tried. Love the little tingle from the peppermint!
3. Glossier Balm Dotcom - Oooo baby this stuff is good! Just recently added this to my lip balm collection and its here to stay! Will be a fan for life!
Now on to the colorful stuff...
4. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine - Hands down, this is THE best lipstick I have ever owned. So moisturizing and the sheer coverage is perfect but still very pigmented! It actually feels like I put on lip balm rather than lipstick when I wear this. Who knew that was possible?! I have this only in two shades but definitely want more!
5. Chanel Coco Gloss - Chanel for the win, again. I usually shy away from lip glosses...you know those sticky, ooey gooey, glue like substances that are sold as lip products but really should be used as the adhesive for your next craft project?...yeah, those, no thank you! BUT, this amazing product is just the opposite of that. I wear this alone or on tip of lipstick. Again, one of the best lip products I own.
6. Glossier Generation G - This is a new one for me. I really like what this brand is about - skin first, makeup second. The ingredients are thoughtful and clean. Initial opinion: definite keeper! It is a great everyday matte wear and has just a hint of color so you can look like you tried even on those days you don't have it in you to be more high maintenance. (And yes, for me, wearing full-on lipstick falls in the high maintenance category).
7. Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color - This stuff is pretty good too, as far as color and hydration goes but I do find myself reaching for the lip balm sooner with this one than with the others. Still highly recommend this product though and have used it for years!
And thats a wrap for now! Finding good lip products is a challenge for me so I wanted to share my favorites with you in hopes that your poor chapped lips will find some comfort as mine have (and still look pretty too!). Luckily, none of us are facing a deserted island any time soon but if we were, our lips would be ready to go - freakout session averted! I am always looking for hydrating, easy to wear lip products so share yours with me below or on Instagram!! Can't wait to see what you got!
Until next week,